Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Athlete Spotlighting #11) Carley Terry

Hello Everyone!

Our 11th Athlete Spotlight is one of the most fun athletes I've ever had the privilege to train. She desires to learn more about how to be a better athlete and is willing to train hard to achieve her goals. She's encouraging to other athletes and has a great outlook on training. She "gets it", and by that I mean she enjoys the process involved in becoming a better athlete (not just game day). She stays in the moment and therefore has a lot of fun along the way towards her goals. It's time to meet...

Athlete Name: Carley Terry
Sport(s):
Basketball

Position(s):
Guard

School:
Stow-Munroe Falls High School

Graduation Year:
2014

AGSP Athlete Since:
April 2010

Favorite Professional Sports Team: Cleveland Cavaliers
Favorite Professional Athlete:
Mo Williams

Favorite Lift: Hang Clean
Favorite Movement Skill:
Max Velocity

When I am not training at AGSP, I am: Hanging out with my friends and family, studying, training/working out and practicing basketball.
What are your short-term goals?
To get straight A's and play basketball at Stow High School for four years.

What are your long-term goals?
To go to college, majoring in Sports Medicine and play basketball in college.

How has AGSP impacted your performance as an athlete?
I have become faster, stronger and more powerful as an athlete. My jump has become more powerful and increased in height. I have seen myself becoming stronger and gaining more confidence.


CHECK OUT SOME VIDEO OF CARLEY TRAINING AT AGSP!






Keep Training!
Coach Amanda Kephart

No comments: