Friday, February 15, 2008

With a Vision, People Thrive

Hello Everyone!

"Without a vision, the people will perish" - Proverbs 29:18

Do you have a vision for your life? If you're an athlete do you have a clear vision of what you want your athletic career to consist of? If you want to change your life, how are you going to do it? And when?

I believe in the importance of visualizing what you want your life to be and using that vision to help you establish goals that will help you make your vision a reality. If you do not have a vision for your life then you are just living day by day, making no significant changes in your life.

Below is a sample from my personal "Lifetime Goals". I have provided it for you to use as a guide if you wish to create your own. It has specfic goals that have deadlines and the what, why, and how they will be achieved. These (and many others) are parts of the vision I have for my life, a vision that I plan to make a reality.

Without a vision, the people will perish...
...With a vision, people thrive!

Are you ready to thrive in all aspects of your life? Take some time and invest it in yourself.

Keep Liftin'
Coach Amanda Haren

2 comments:

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind said...

Amanda, I'm curious about your goal of eating more organic meats.

are you looking for and choosing grass feed beef? or grain fed? I'm just curious as goals can be much better when the statements are clear.

I'm also wondering if there is a distinction between grass fed organic and grain fed organic?

Don't you get a kick out of the "grain fed" marketing as though it's a good thing? lol.

btw, I'll be building your suspension trainer in a few weeks. Thanks for the info.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment FFG!

As I mentioned in the post, what I put up is just an example of my personal goals (which are very detailed). To answer your question I understand there is a big difference between grass fed, grain fed, "range-free", etc. yet, my current goal is to just add overall more organic foods/meats. Once this step has been reached, I will then take it a further by narrowing down which types of "organic".

Keep up the great work and have fun with the suspension trainer!