Monday, January 26, 2015

Athlete Spotlight #70) Jace Burke

Hello Everyone!
I am excited to announce that our Athlete Spotlights are back! Our 70th athlete is an outstanding person and athlete. He is genuine in everything he does. Whether it is treating a younger athlete as his little brother, showing up early, treating others with kindness, attempting a heavy set in the weight room, or going all out on a speed skill, everything this athlete does is authentic. It’s time to meet our newest athlete spotlight!

Athlete Name: Jace Burke
Sport(s): Baseball
Position(s): Shortstop, 3rd Base, and Pitcher
School: Walsh Jesuit
Graduation Year: 2017
AGSP Athlete Since: 2013

  
Favorite Professional Sports Team: Cincinnati Reds
Favorite Professional Athlete: Pete Rose


Favorite Lift: Clean Pull
Favorite Movement Skill: Power Step

When I am not training at AGSP, I am: Lifting at home, baseball training (fielding, hitting, pitching), fishing, hanging with friends.
What are your short-term goals? To start at 3rd base at Walsh Jesuit. To hit 85+mph on the mound.
What are your long-term goals?
To play D1 baseball and be a two way player at that school.

How has AGSP impacted your performance as an athlete? I have become more flexible, stronger, faster, and more explosive. I have come to undertand my body and waht I need to do so I can perform at a high level.

Check out some video of Jace in action at AGSP!



Keep Training! 
Coach Amanda Kephart and Akron General Sports Performance

No comments: