Thursday, June 3, 2010

Athlete Spotlighting #8: Amirra Hmidan & Courtney Kennedy

Hello Everyone!

Our 8th Athlete Spotlight is of two teammates that are becoming better athletes together. By training together at AGSP these athletes from East Canton are developing strength, power, speed, and sometimes more importantly, team chemistry. Going through the athletic development journey together truly gives them an edge over the competition. Encouragement during tough exercises translates to encouragement when the game is on the line. Speed development at AGSP translates to faster athletes on the field. Be ready, these athletes have a bright athletic future. It's time to meet...

Athlete Name: Amirra Hmidan
Sport(s):
Softball, Basketball, Cross Country


Position(s):
Softball: Centerfield & 2nd Base. Basketball: Point Guard.
School: East Canton Middle School
Graduation Year: 2014
AGSP Athlete Since: March 2010

Favorite Professional Sports Team:
Cleveland Cavaliers & Akron Racers
Favorite Professional Athlete: Crystal Bustos


Favorite Lift: Back Squat, because that is the lift I can lift the most in.


Favorite Movement Skill:
Max Velocity, because it is the most challenging for me. I like how hard I have to work to perform well at Max Velocity.


When I am not training at AGSP, I am:
Practicing softball
, either working on my fielding skills or my slapping, push bunting, and hitting off the left side.

What are your short-term goals? To make the Varsity softball team next year as a freshman.
What are your long-term goals?
I want to make it to a Division One College, with the University of Akron being my dream.

How has AGSP impacted you performance as an athlete? AGSP has made me faster, I can feel the difference when I run around the bases. Also, I've learned to push myself harder than ever because of the different tasks we do.

Athlete Name: Courtney Kennedy
Sport(s):
Softball

Position(s): Pitcher, Outfield, 2nd Base School: East Canton Middle School Graduation Year: 2014



AGSP Athlete Since:
March 2010

Favorite Professional Sports Team:
Chicago Bandits

Favorite Professional Athlete:
Jennie Finch















Favorite Lift:
Back Squat

Favorite Movement Skill:
Acceleration


When I am not training at AGSP, I am:
Practicing softball

What are your short-term goals?
To make the Varsity softball team next year as a freshman.

What are your long-term goals?
To go to a Division 1 College and play softball.

How has AGSP impacted you performance as an athlete?
It has made me a better athlete and it has also made me faster and stronger.



CHECK OUT SOME VIDEO OF AMIRRA & COURTNEY TRAINING AT AGSP!







Keep Training!
Coach Amanda Kephart

No comments: