Saturday, August 17, 2013

Athlete Spotlight #67) Mark Corroto

Greetings Sports Performance Aficionados!

As a new school year approaches, it's time to recognize an AGSP athlete who has been absolutely killing it  in the weight room and on the hardwood this past summer. While most were spending time at the beach, watching TV, or sleeping in, this athlete was in the weight room and on the court getting his grind on, punching the time card and doing some serious work. Four to five days a week, this athlete would come in, put on his game face, and get after it. No hesitation and no complaints, just hard work and sweat. I am very proud to introduce our newest athlete spotlight!
Athlete Name: Mark Corroto
Sport(s): Basketball
Position(s): Small Forward, Power Forward, Shooting Guard
School: Green High School
Graduation Year: 2013
AGSP Athlete Since: June 1st, 2013





















Favorite Professional Sports Team: Oklahoma City Thunder/Cleveland Cavaliers
Favorite Professional Athlete: LeBron James, Kevin Durant
 

Favorite Lift: Good Mornings
Favorite Movement Skill: Box Jumps
When I am not training at AGSP, I am: Working out with my shooting coach, playing pick up games at the YMCA with my friends, shooting in my driveway, or swimming in my pool.



What are your short-term goals? My shot term goals are to get bigger, stronger, and faster so that I can start on the JV team this year.

What are your long-term goals?
 
To continue working with Anthony to get myself in the best possible shape I can be. To work hard so that maybe one day I can play in college.

How has AGSP impacted your performance as an athlete? Akron General is a great place. In the short time I have been working with Anthony, I have build better endurance on the court. I have noticeable better stamina in my games at basketball camp along with improved flexibility and strength. I will continue to work with Anthony the rest of the summer and beyond to reach my fitness goals.

CHECK OUT SOME VIDEO OF MARK TRAINING AT AGSP!
(we've put them all into one video!)
 


Coaches Note: Mark has been a pleasure to coach, and I am looking forward to catching his games this season and watching his progress over the next several years as a Green Bulldog. You've got the drive Mark! Keep up the hard work and good things will follow!

Keep Training! 
Coach Anthony Colarusso and Akron General Sports Performance

No comments: