Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Athlete Spotlight #61) Megan Nicholls

Hello Everyone!

Our next athlete spotlight has a bright future! She's focused on ending her high school career on a positive note (see short term goal), and then beginning her collegiate career right (see long term goal).  Each month her testing numbers reveal a faster, stronger, more powerful athlete. Very recently she shared that she "stole second base for the first time." The first of many - she will surprise opponents this spring with her quick feet, powerful bat and arm! It is time to meet...


Athlete Name: Megan Nicholls
Sport(s):
Softball

Position(s):
Pitcher, 1st Base

School: Kent Roosevelt High School
Graduation Year:
2013

AGSP Athlete Since:
September 2012


Favorite Professional Sports Team: San Francisco Giants
Favorite Professional Athlete: Tim Lincecom
Favorite Lift: Clean
Favorite Movement Skill:
Max Velocity


 

When I am not training at AGSP, I am: playing softball or hanging out with friends when I'm not doing homework.

What are your short-term goals?
I am definitely aiming for conference MVP to end my high school softball career.


What are your long-term goals?
I want to maintain my focus and work even harder to prove myself as I prepare for being a college athlete.

How has AGSP impacted your performance as an athlete?
I've noticed a definite improvement in my speed and endurance since starting at AGSP.


CHECK OUT SOME VIDEO OF MEGAN TRAINING AT AGSP!
(we've put them all into one video!)

 
Keep Training!
Coach Amanda Kephart and Akron General Sports Performance

No comments: