Friday, November 13, 2009

Athlete Spotlighting #4: Eric Monroe

Hello Everyone!

Our next athlete spotlighting is of Eric Monroe. I met Eric early in my coaching career and he has been the perfect testimony to how hard work, consistent commitment, goal-setting, time sacrifice, and a great strength & conditioning program can develop an athlete into a high level performer.

It's time for you to meet someone that I bet works harder than you. :-)

Athlete Name: Eric Monroe
Sport(s): Baseball
Position(s): Catcher, 1st Base, 3rd Base
School: Kenston High School
Graduation Year: 2011

AGSP Athlete Since: 2007, but began training with the coaching staff at another facility in 2005

Favorite Professional Sports Team: Boston Red Sox
Favorite Professional Athlete: Victor Martinez

Favorite Lift: Back Squat
Favorite Movement Skill(s): Acceleration, Ankling, Harness Partner Resistance

















When I am not training at AGSP, I am:

- Working at Monroe Plumbing
- Studying/doing homework
- Playing/training for baseball
- Hanging out with friends
- Involved in clubs at school

What are your short-term goals?
- Continue to improve my speed, strength, quickness, and overall skill
- Excel in my studies (achieve a 4.0 GPA)
- Prepare to train for Baseball Season

What are your long-term goals?
- Playing Baseball in College
- Continue to excel in studies
- Study Business in College
- Continue to improve my speed, strength, quickness, and overall skill

How has AGSP impacted your performance as an athlete?
- My 10 yard dash time has improved by more than a second since 2005
- I hit a lot stronger/better due to strong legs and core
- I'm quicker behind the plate (blocking balls footwork down to 2nd base)
- My home to first time has improved dramatically
- Winter Baseball workouts are easier due to the condition my body is in

Check Out Some Video of Eric Training at AGSP!



Keep Training!
Coach Amanda Kephart

No comments: